Sunday 3 November 2013

Darkroom- Developing Film 

 

Technique I use to pop open film canister is using a 2p my first time in dark room opening the canister was not fun i had to come out to take a breather as I wasn't as quick as everyone else that caused me to freak out but caught up eventually. The next stage is to roll the film into reel which is fussy and my film kept coming off and going to the floor and trying to pick up the film in the dark ending up hitting my head on table ouch :(

I have to make sure that the door is fully closed properly so I don't get light into room and going into my film which will cause my negatives of being fogged.




When I have finished doing the real I then have to insert the cylindrical tube in the middle of reel and put in the tank and fit the funnel in tank to take in the chemicals. 


I measure 75ml of developer and dilute it with 300ml water and pour into developer tank.With the thermometer I need to check the temperature which is needed to be set at 20 degrees. When the temperature is right I then pour in tank and agitate for a minute and stop for 10 seconds and carry on doing this for 20 minutes. Then throw the developer away and go and fill funnel with the stopper and agitate this for 20 seconds and pour stopper back in bottle. Then I use a fixer and pour it into funnel that is fixed to tank and agitate this for 3minutes and pour fixer back in bottle to be reused. I then wash the film for 20 minutes to wash off all the chemicals and place into drier for 30minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment