Wednesday 30 October 2013

Martin Parr

 


Martin Parr is a British photographer that is known of his photographic projects that are some pictorial representations of various critical  aspects of modern life on the suburban life of England. I like Martin Parr as his characters and subjects portrays themselves in his pictures and creates a wonderful relationship of his characters  with the surrounding environment and the way they portray themselves onto environment. Martin Parr's photographs are often humorous, his images doesn't fail to kindly show a rare emotion from his subjects by leaving them in an ambiguous emotional reaction.    

Martin Parr's tip in street photography is simply not getting people to smile as this will photograph their natural state and won't feel forced. Martin Parr's street photography have strong statements about the society and always has a certain viewpoint or critique. Most of his pictures are funny, interesting or depressing but makes good statements to society. 

Famous Quotes from Marin Parr
“I looked around at what my colleagues were doing, and asked myself, ‘What relationship has it with what’s going on?’ I found there was a great distortion of contemporary life.Photographers were interested only in certain things. A visually interesting place, people who were either very rich or very poor, and nostalgia.

“I go straight in very close to people and I do that because it’s the only way you can get the picture. You go right up to them. Even now, I don’t find it easy. I don’t announce it. I pretend to be focusing elsewhere. If you take someone’s photograph it is very difficult not to look at them just after. But it’s the one thing that gives the game away. I don’t try and hide what I’m doing – that would be folly.




No comments:

Post a Comment