Tuesday 1 October 2013

Street Photography Research
TAKING PICTURES

When I have been given street photography brief, to be honest I was nervous about this one as I've never shot images where there's crowds of people involved and used to thinking of ideas and plan my shots. when I first gone out with the film camera I started off being terrified as am not used to having the attention by people when shooting or just carrying a camera as they give you the eyes of questioning 'what is she shooting, oh my is she shooting pictures of me I better just look away am not here" I feel like when am shooting street images am making people uncomfortable as I would be if it was the other way around. To make myself comfortable and not a big step I Started my film shots around Hartlepool  town luckily it was not too busy so I was feeling safe just playing around camera settings and see what inspires me and see if I feel a direction to an interest, so far am a big fan of reflections from shopping mall windows, puddles and mirrors, specially when you find different qualities of windows from broken, colour contrasts, darkness, and text blending in with yourself relection with camera to face or just holding it while a few people walking by making distorted look of their figures on window due to their own movement and light hitting on window.

I had also experimented my composition like sitting on ground focusing on car light with a old decayed building straight ahead. Hopefully I'll experiment more in angles like shooting from bridges and look down so I can get a different view of the society and show viewers how small we actually look in this world. Doing different angles helped me get further shots on reflections so I shot at the side of mirror where I get doubles of people coming towards me and cars passing so i'll get texts and reflection on car frame and faces from passenger windows and see what I get in distortion with all these subjects.





No comments:

Post a Comment