Friday 23 January 2015

Level 5 photography
Portraits
Using a Hasselblad

I have enjoyed using a Hasselblad as it was easier to use as the two rolls of colour film worked straight away without using a test shot. Think i have used the Hasselblad much easier because I understood the procedure much more than the 5x4 field camera as I could never grasp on getting light readings right from light meter then place operate it on camera. Hasselblad I did take a while to take in how I actually know that my image I am about to shoot is in focus but found out in the end that being in focus means that all the objects are in lined with each other inside the two segmented circles and if the bottom segment is black it is totally out of focus.

I have used the Hasselblad in my first shoot using a Metz flash attached to the camera which made the camera heavy but placed it on the tripod so when I take picture of my subjects they are not motion blurred because I might be shaking while shooting. The first shoot with Hasselblad they have worked really well but some of them there was lights bursts over the faces which made the faces not as in focus as the others, using the Flash has brightened out the subject more than the background to make the person in the image stand out and show they're the importance in the image and the main view.

Second shoot with Hasselblad I took picture in the studio with a grey backdrop and used a soft box and back light and told my subjects to sit. I got the subjects to sit so that there faces are more on target and not have too much figure and just aimed to photograph head to chest crop so then it shows I have experimented further on lighting my subjects and how the crop difference can benefit my images focus on the persons character and mood. I didn't use a tripod in this shoot which I surprisingly thought it turned out well even though I was worried that there be motion blur and make the eyes slightly out.


 
 Using the Metz flash to get the aperture right you use a light meter to the subject when happy on where your standing the model and happy with the setting and natural lighting hitting on the subject.

There is an iso dial on top of the flash which needs to be the same setting to the camera I am using for the flash to actually work and make sure your have adjusted aperture you have set to camera the same so it can use a sensor to adjust a lighting to suit the model.



No comments:

Post a Comment