Thursday 19 February 2015

Still life food. Brief

Level 5 photography
Still life-Food
Brief

This assignment is designed to introduce me to a range of still life photography techniques and to provide a contextual framework around the subject in order for me to communicate my ideas and express myself in the genre.

I will explore food photography, found objects, nature morte, product photography and digital collage in a series of five two week mini assignments. These will be supported by lectures, technical demonstrations and group critiques. A brief will be written by for me for my final outcome and will help me towards my final year pathway and future career path.

Each mini assignment will take the form of a lecture or seminar to broaden my knowledge and critical understanding of the genre, a technical demonstration to broaden my skill base and some studio time to make pictures. At the end of each task I will need to provide a print A3 or 12x16 for a group critique, which will provide a forum for feedback on my work.

This will be my final outcome and must describe what I want to produce, what I want to communicate and which theories and concepts I am applying to achieve this. Before production of final work begins, my ILA must be agreed with my tutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment