Wednesday 5 February 2014

Research: Photography and Narrative

What is narrative photography?
What I gained from research on what this means is an idea of using photographs used to tell a story. Photographers create complex and descriptive moments in time. Narrative can be anywhere such as seeing a newspaper, advertisements around me which could inform people on what is happening around where I live and has a story of how they are made, displayed and will show an beginning, middle and end.


New Project

Part 1
This part is all about capturing or making a story that I have experience, meaningful to me or just something in the past or present by doing this in a single image and there is no guidelines and boundaries what story is about. Image finished I will then need to be prepared to present this image to the group, getting comments and maybe improvements if given an opportunity to do a project similar to this.

Part 2
As I need to create my own story by producing a series of visual narrative photographic images based in the North East. The subject matter can be anything we choose as long its own story relating to aspects of life within North East. But final series of images need to be presented to the group talking about your process and ideas and story and place it in a form of a digital slideshow.


Initial Thoughts

Part 1
Idea am getting for this part for my single narrative image, I like to do about betrayal, losing trust, damaged, I like to do this by finding a location to do light painting as a way of text and gloomy colours around place, dark surrounding using flash on subject to bring out emotion to her face make up smudged and poverty clothing like ripped leggings and holey shirt. Basically my influence am looking deeply is Gregory Crewdson with his images set up with props and lighting, models dressed up. I would like to focus on paintings to see how objects can be a meaning like Harmen Steenwyck, Edward manet and Ophelia byt doing this will help what colours could mean to subject and surrounding and objects meaning to the subject.

Part 2
With this part am struggling a little as I dont know if tutors want us to look up for North East stories from newspapers or internet and bring the news to life visually and set up and create it with what I think should be done so people can understand the news been displayed in words. Or just going out doors hoping for the best to capture a story in front of you in a way where people's faces and actions can illustrate their background or what just happened to them like tears, anger, jealousy, worry or someone mocking them on what they have by wanting their desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment