Wednesday 5 February 2014

Research: Photography and Narrative
Initial direction for part 1

We had a seminar session with Antony on Monday 3rd, we all looked at images on powerpoint and class all tried to have a go at describing how the photographer narrated the viewers in seeing what photographer sees such as in the the streets seeing jealousy towards other person and seeing that person has their desire that people mimics desires due to wanting what they want e.g. job, being free, found love etc.

By having this session has given me a clear understanding on what narrative photography could be engaging in real, fictional or fake, true to you, something I have experienced, what could happen in the future, what had happened in the past or present.

This made me think widely about ideas on this new assignment. Before I was lost and worried and just confused on what the tutors wanting, but now am able to think on a subject matter on a single image. I gained a few ideas but not too sure if it will work but should just do it don't waste time over thinking the faults of idea and just experiment and see what I achieve but first I'll like to research photographers and painters to strengthen my ideas and inspire me further.

No comments:

Post a Comment