Thursday 15 May 2014

Level 4 Photography
landscapes
Evaluation

The concept behind my landscape project that I think I have achieved highly by focusing on urban life in Hartlepool  and did different ways of doing contour lines on grounds to give the image more to look at and not just rot and decayed buildings. Contour lines that are connecting joints and curves equally.On this project was quite similar to the street photography as the developing process was kind of the same which wasn't as frustrating because we learned how to do exposures on a 35mm film camera but this time we have to do a large 5x4 format using dark slides but was a nightmare to get hold of as students in other years were taking them out so there was a lot of complaints from students to other student in my year that they being greedy on taking out 4 or more.  I could of improved this project by being more careful with my negatives as I find scratches and fingerprints so i have to spare time in washing them but then get water marks on and within this university needs to sort out the lack of equipment. First year students were completing project  at the same day meant the dark slides will be gone and the cameras and students will have booked the de vere. This projects had helped me gain more experience in developing film and understand the light meter and start being more comfortable using dark room to print as we have done it before but using a bigger enlarger. I had a few problems with the camera as I wasn't using the light meter properly as I was standing in shadows and not in the light near my location and being forgetful on turning the dark slide over to expose my next film. I could of improved myself using the camera by taking it out more but by myself so I can figure things out myself and possibly stick in my head for future using 5x4 camera again. Doing more shooting with camera would mean I be more confident in setting it all up and enjoy using 5x4 camera and more better choice in choosing finals. This assignment challenged me a lot as I had no experience with camer before but tried to get involved with a partner so I will learn better and help out carrying the kit as its heavy but taught me to find out what my landscape style by adventuring around in hartlepool and artists I chose to research helped to visual my ideal locations. Looking over my printed contact sheets that I should of been shooting different varieties of locations such as seascapes and shooting from high heights to see above rotting building and seeing the hartlepool town more in prospective and view more history of the town and start to see what sort of society standard living it is there. Developing the films was a different task for me as I got used to using the tanks for 35mm in street photography instead we use a metal cage that fits 12 films and using clips to fit film in place and try not make film bumpy and have it straight so that there wont be any water marks and easier for chemicals to fix onto films which was fussy to handle as it's new and easily frustrated when you can't get the film into the cage slot.


No comments:

Post a Comment