Sunday 12 January 2014

Research: studio portraiture
Printing Lab

Three recommended print labs given:
Printspace- London- theprintspace.co.uk
Digilab- Newcastle- www.digilab.co.uk
Sprectrum- Brighton- ww.sprectrumphoto.co.uk

I decided to upload my TIFF files to Printspace to produce my portraits, in class the tutor had a sample paper pack to guide us on what quality is needed for our finals. Digital Lab did not allow me to upload TIFF files to their website which wouldn't give my portrait a high quality print. I had chosen C-type Fuji Matt, this gives a less shine so that my eyes will be drawn to detail and not get distracted by the shine that gloss print will do. Overall with the paper I had chosen will have subtle colours and slight shine bringing the picture to life. The size I made to image was 12x16 and made a border in photoshop so that I did not lose most of my image by cropping into A3 size.

There are two different techniques in printing:

Chromogenic prints or know as C-type that are produced by sensitive paper. Professional chromogenic are kodak and fujifilm. Chromogenic are made by a reaction between two chemicals to create the colour dyes that make up a photographic image. Chromogenic colour images are composed of three main dye layer- cyan, magenta, and yellow that all form a full colour image.

Inkjet or known as giclee prints. It is a digital image printer that is made by droplets of ink onto paper, plastic or other substrates. This method is used commercially for marking and coding of products and packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment